Apr 27, 2017
Celebrating the Foundation’s work at Bristol match
Saturday's match against Bristol is the annual Foundation Matchday, an occasion when we celebrate the life changing work of the Saracens Sport Foundation and help to raise a significant amount of money to be able to sustain the charities great work.
On the day the club will be aiming to raise an incredible £25,000 to help fund the charities projects across North London and Hertfordshire. This year the main focus will be placed on the innovative programmes that the Foundation provide for young people with disabilities, including Sarries Skills Club, Sarries Track Club, Strictly Sarrie and our own disABILITY rugby club, Sarries RFC.
Throughout the day, supporters will have the opportunity to enjoy a number of activities around the stadium, and make a contribution to the fundraising efforts. In particular please look out for staff and volunteers in green T-shirts selling raffle tickets. With a prize to win a trip for two to the European Champions Cup Final in Edinburgh, including return transport on the Saracens Train, pre-match meal, tickets and hotel accommodation, at £5 a ticket you will want to make sure you are in with a chance of winning!
Other activities on the day are listed below:
- Face painting …on the Piazza from 12.30 – 3.00
- Alan Day VW Balloons in the Car – guess how many balloons are in the car to win a prize (on the Piazza)
- Inflatable rugby posts – practice your kicking and passing skills (on throws field next to Piazza)
- Love to Move ‘Flashmob’ …look out for our Love to Dance group doing performances on the Piazza and North Food Court
- Foundation Patrons Tent …find out about the benefits of becoming a Foundation Patron from some of our current Patrons (on the Piazza)
- Charity Table Pong …demonstrate your competitive nature by playing this adapted version of the popular ‘Beer Pong’ game (on the Piazza)
If you can’t make the day but would like to make a contribution to the campaign there are plenty of ways to do this! Text SFMD17 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070 or head to https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/saracensfoundation/change4change to make a donation online or alternatively please email email@example.com to find out more about regular and one off giving.
Thank you in advance for your support.