Feb 16, 2017
In Focus: New arrival Tom Lindsay
Saracens have signed hooker Tom Lindsay from Gloucester on a short-term deal.
Former England Saxons hooker Lindsay, 29, will provide cover in the absence of the injured Scott Spurling, who has been ruled out with a knee injury for the rest of the season.
Here we take a closer look at Saracens' new arrival
Things to know about Tom Lindsay
- Lindsay is Saracens' fourth mid-season signing, following the arrivals of Andy Fenby (unattached), Will Skelton (NSW Waratahs) and Fa’atiga Lemalu (Sunwolves).
- Tom Lindsay signed for Gloucester in the summer of 2015 moving from Wasps after 11 years in the black and gold making 129 appearances for the club.
- During his time in High Wycombe, Lindsay received international recognition with the England Saxons in the Churchill Cup of 2010. He has played alongside Saracens playersBilly Vunipola and Alex Lozowski during his time at Wasps.
- Lindsay is no stranger to Saracens’ Allianz Park surroundings having studied at Mill Hill School from 2001-2006. He spent some time with Saracens Amateur RFC at Bramley Road earlier on in his teens before impressing on trail at Wasps as an 18-year old.
- Wasps coach and former All Black prop forward Craig Dowd spotted his talent and convinced the Old Millhillian to swap the wing for hooker at the age of 18, he graduated from the Wasps academy alongside Joe Simpson and Dom Waldouck. Lindsay is renowned for his ball-carrying prowess and turn of pace for a front-row forward.
- During his time in the West Country with Gloucester Lindsay has coached Cheltenham Ladies RFC alongside Cherry & Whites teammate Matt Protheroe.
- Lindsay came off the bench for Gloucester against Saracens earlier this season at Allianz Park as Saracens ran out 24-20 winners.