Saracens to support Rainbow Laces Campaign
Saracens is proud to be supporting the Stonewall Rainbow Laces campaign in Rounds 17 and 18 of the Gallagher Premiership.
As Rainbow Laces celebrates its 10th Anniversary, Premiership Rugby clubs are supporting for a seventh season. The campaign aims to promote equality and inclusivity within sport for LGBTQ+ people and tackle discrimination on every level to help make sport everyone’s game.
Throughout both Round 17 of Gallagher Premiership Rugby (17-19 February) and 18, the special "rainbow" Gallagher Premiership Rugby logo will once again be highly visible at matches with players wearing Rainbow Laces in their matches over the weekend. In addition, the match officials will wear specially designed Rainbow Laces shirts and the assistant referees will carry rainbow flags.
As part of Premiership Rugby and Gallagher’s commitment to the Rainbow Laces campaign:
- Match official shirts will carry the special rainbow version of the Gallagher Premiership Rugby logo
- All Gallagher Premiership Rugby players will be sent Rainbow Laces and invited to wear them in the matches in Rounds 17 and 18
- Branding at matches will carry Rainbow Laces messaging or be turned rainbow to celebrate the weekend. This will include the flags used by assistant referees and this season will see Gallagher update the post pads in support
- Gallagher employees from across the UK will hand out Rainbow Laces to supporters at matches in Rounds 17 and 18
- All Premiership Rugby’s social media accounts will have Rainbow branding
- LEDs pitchside will support the campaign
- Premiership Rugby have partnered with Gilbert to produce a special ball and scrum cap to celebrate Rainbow Laces
All supporters and partners are invited to get involved by purchasing and wearing their Rainbow Laces to show support too and should you wish to buy Rainbow Laces click here!