Seven Saracens named in England squad to face Scotland
Saracens will make up seven of the matchday 23 for England's Guinness Six Nations opener against Scotland at Twickenham on Saturday.
Owen Farrell will captain the side, with Jamie George, Maro Itoje and Max Malins also starting in the Calcutta Cup clash.
Mako Vunipola, Nick Isiekwe and Ben Earl are also on the bench for the first match of the 2023 tournament.
Head Coach Steve Borthwick said: “There are few fixtures in the rugby calendar that excite both players and supporters alike more than the annual Six Nations meeting of the Auld enemy as they battle for the honour of lifting the Calcutta Cup.
“Another packed Twickenham will witness the start of the next chapter of English rugby in one of the most keenly contested tournaments in the world.
“There is no doubt that this England team shares the supporters’ sense of eager anticipation.
“To a man, the players are determined to play with the commitment, fight and desire that is at the very heart of representing England, the sort of passion that our tremendous supporters rightly expect.”
15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 17 caps)
14. Max Malins (Saracens, 14 caps)
13. Joe Marchant (Harlequins, 13 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 101 caps) (C)
11. Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish, uncapped)
10. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 17 caps)
9. Jack van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers, 7 caps)
1. Ellis Genge (Bristol Bears, 43 caps) (VC)
2. Jamie George (Saracens, 72 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 56 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 62 caps)
5. Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps)
6. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 14 caps)
7. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks,1 cap)
8. Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins, 9 caps)
16. Jack Walker (Harlequins, uncapped)
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 74 caps)
18. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 95 caps)
19. Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, 8 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Saracens, 13 caps)
21. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 121 caps)
22. Ollie Lawrence (Bath Rugby, 7 caps)
23. Anthony Watson (Leicester Tigers, 51 caps)