Heineken Champions Cup Semi Final Venues Confirmed
As competition in the knockout stage of the Heineken Champions Cup intensifies, EPCR can announce the venues which are in line to host the semi-final matches on the weekend of 28/29/30 April.
The stadiums were selected following close consultation with Premiership Rugby, the United Rugby Championship and the Ligue Nationale de Rugby, and the clubs with the highest rankings from the pool stage of the tournament will earn home country advantage for the matches.
The dates, venues, kick-off times and TV coverage for the semi-finals will be announced as soon as practicable following this weekend’s fixtures.
Possible semi-final matches and venues – 28/29/30 April
- Leinster Rugby (A1) v either Stade Toulousain (B2) or Cell C Sharks (A3) - Aviva Stadium, Dublin (capacity: 51,700).
- Stade Toulousain (B2) v Leicester Tigers (B4) - Matmut Atlantique Stadium, Bordeaux (capacity: 42,000).
- Cell C Sharks (A3) v Leicester Tigers (B4) - StoneX Stadium, London (capacity: 10,304)
- Stade Rochelais (B1) v either Exeter Chiefs (A2) or DHL Stormers (B3) - Matmut Atlantique Stadium, Bordeaux (capacity: 42,000).
- Exeter Chiefs (A2) v Saracens (A4) - Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol (capacity: 27,000).
- DHL Stormers (B3) v Saracens (A4) - Twickenham Stoop, London (capacity: 14,800)
As previously referenced and agreed with SARU, if a South African representative happens to qualify for a Heineken Champions Cup semi-final as a highest-ranked club, the match will be staged at a venue in Europe.