MATCH PACK | Saracens v Cardiff Rugby
Here are some of the key numbers as we take a deeper look in to how Sunday's EPCR Challenge Cup match could pan out!
- Saracens and Cardiff Rugby will face each other for the first time in the EPCR Challenge Cup, however, they have met four times in the Heineken Champions Cup, the Welsh side winning their two pool stage encounters in 2000/01 before Saracens did the same in 2018/19.
- Saracens have lost only three of their 31 home games in the EPCR Challenge Cup (W28), however, they lost their most recent home game against a team from Wales, against Pontypridd in the quarter-finals in January 2002.
- Saracens have won 14 of their last 17 games in the EPCR ChallengeCup (L3), with those 14 victories coming by an average margin of 25 points.
- Cardiff Rugby have lost seven of their last nine away games against Premiership opposition in the EPCR Challenge Cup (W2), however they managed to score 20+ points in seven of those games.
- Each of Cardiff's last five games against Premiership opposition in the EPCR Challenge Cup has been won by the side trailing at half time.
- 56% of Cardiff's tries in European competition this season have come in the opening 20 minutes of their matches.
- Saracens have averaged the most carries per game in the EPCR Challenge Cup this season (131) and averaged the most carry metres per game in the process (822).
- Saracens also rank top for both possession (57%) and territory (66%) this season.
- Ivan van Zyl has made 179 passes in the EPCR Challenge Cup this season, more than any other player, while Alex Goode has made the most break assist passes (4).